Sunday, January 22, 2012

Northstar Tahoe weekend

For my birthday, Jude took me up to Tahoe for the weekend. We haven't been away just the two of us for a really long time- I think the last time was our 2 night cruise for Jude's graduation almost 4 years ago, and that was probably the only time since we've been married. I was nervous to leave the kids, but I knew Jamie could handle it, and turns out they had a fabulous time with her.

I decided to ski instead of snowboard because I never got good enough to like snowboarding, but I hadn't been skiing in almost 20 years! I did alright, I guess, until I landed on my face in the park the second to last run on Saturday. Other than that, it was a great weekend. After snowboarding on Friday in the pouring rain we came back to the Ritz and hung out in the hot tub in the pouring rain and sleet ( it didn't turn to snow until the next morning). Then we had massages in the hotel spa. We took the gondola from the hotel to the village where we ate dinner at Mikuni--so yummy! The village is so cute, but we couldn't really enjoy it since it was raining so hard. We were wet all day!

Saturday we woke up to a foot and a half of snow and skied again. I was pretty worn out so I came back and hung out in the hotel for a little while and then went back out in the afternoon. It was so awesome staying right there on the mountain. We could ski right up to the hotel where my friendly Australian mountain concierge was waiting for me with a bottle of water and help with my ski boots. Nice! After more skiing (and my face plant) we took the gondola down to the village for dinner at the Chocolate Bar. We got stuck on the gondola for 30 minutes. It was so cold! They were so nice though and met us at the bottom (after they finally got it working) with free lift tickets for our troubles. I guess it was worth it. We were so cold by then that we really didn't stay and hang out in the village. We ate dinner and headed home. It was such a fun weekend.







3 comments:

Karly said...

You two are dang cute! And Happy belated Birthday too! xoxo

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

You suck...I'm totally jealous!! Looks like an amazing weekend. :)

Bakar Ayam Marketing said...

* LETS JOIN AND FEEL SENSATION TO PLAY *

Primbon Adu Ayam

Sabung Ayam Toraja

Sabung Ayam-pukul Mati

Pisau Sabung Ayam

Judi Sabung Ayam

Ayam Bangkok Super

Jadwal Bola Malam Ini

* VISIT OUR SITE AT *

www.gorengayam.net


* ONLY HERE YOU CAN FEEL CONTINUOUS VICTORY *

http://bakarayammarketing.blogspot.com/2018/10/trik-ampuh-untuk-meningkatkan-pukulan.html