Friday, March 20, 2009

It's a Girl!!

Well, what more can I say? July twenty something we'll be having another little girl. Ivy is very excited. It was such a disappointment to her when Lane was not a girl. (She went storming out of the ultrasound yelling, "But, I wanted a GIRL baby!") Now it's Lane's turn to be upset. He still thinks he can make it into a boy baby. I'm so happy that Ivy will have a sister. I can't imagine life without my sister, Al--who would I talk to about everything? I hope that Ivy and this baby can have a close relationship even though they will be 6 years apart. Lane's enough of a boy to hopefully balance out all of the girl attitude and sass that is going to be flowing through our house. It's already at dangerously high levels. Wow.

I wanted to put an ultrasound picture, but the only ones she gave me were creepy. I got a picture of one open eyeball and a shot of her yawning straight on. It would have maybe been cute if it were a profile, but straight on just looks...well, creepy. I'm sure she's very cute in person, though. You'll just have to wait for the real thing.

I took a picture of me pregnant. Since I am never doing this again I thought I should at least have one picture of it. I took it myself with the camera propped up on the couch and set the timer. And then it fell off onto the wood floor and broke. Totally not worth the one awful picture of me posing like a dork. I was too embarrassed to actually post it because it's too dorky. I just hope we get our camera back for the baby's birth.

8 comments:

megan said...

lol! rachel, your freaking funny!!!! post the pic, post the pic!!!!

Kim L. said...

WOW! Congrats! I did not know you were expecting! Not sure if you announced it before I found your blog, or if you are just now telling people. Either way, we are SO excited for you! I feel the same way about sisters. I will have 4 more kids if I have to just so that Drei can have a sister. Every girl needs one.\"/
Sorry about your camera. Good story, though....I agree with megan...post the pic!\"/

Karly said...

Post the freaking pic! I am soooooooooooo excited for you Rach! I wish I lived by you and i would give you tons of cute ultrasound pics. Congrats on another baby! BRAVE GIRL!
xoxo

Nicole said...

Hi Rachel!! And yea for girls!! Very exciting! My sister and I are 6 years apart and it's great. We were in pretty different worlds growing up but now that she's married and having babies all the gaps have closed. Love sistas!

Also, where's the CA city? Half Moon Bay? Love, love the Bay Area! It's where I grew up and where my boys were born. If that's the place you'll love it!

Sabra said...

Congrats!!! My sister shalaina and I are 6 years apart and are GREAT friends. I am sure you are super cute prego as you always are! Love the pics of your trip too.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for the Crutchfields!!!! Mostly for Ivy... since that was what she wanted! Need to hang, soon! Add me to your sidebar!

kylee said...

Rachel!! I had no idea! Lance was talking to Jeremy on the phone and he said you were prego so I had to check and sure enough I found the news too(Is this the first time you've posted about it or did I just miss it?)! CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'm glad Ivy approves this time :) But you have to post atleast one prego picture of you! Come on! For all of us that wont get to see you pregnant! But maybe have Jude or Ivy take the picture so you don't have any camera catastrophes again!

BobandLu said...

I'm excited you're having another girl! It is so much more fun to buy little girl clothes than boy ones. Especially the shoes!