Sunday, May 17, 2009

Father and Son Camp Out

The turquoise rental all packed and ready for camping

Jude and Lane went on their first Father/Son camp out on Friday night. I would have never thought that Lane could go at 3, but I loved the idea. Lane was so excited. We packed up his Batman backpack with pajamas and water and his bear and extra socks and underwear and clothes for tomorrow. He was carrying it around all excited.

It was really weird having them both gone all night. I kept wondering how things were going--I couldn't help but worry a little. It was so quiet with just me and Ivy in the house. We had the missionaries over with one of our neighbors so we couldn't do much with our girls night, but we had a really good talk and just spent time together. It was really nice to have some time with just me and Ivy. Life gets crazy and we needed that.

I finally got a hold of Jude the next day on their way home, and I asked if they had fun. Jude said, "Uh..it depends what you call fun. I mean, yeah, Lane had a great time." He said that there wasn't much for the little boys to do so they just tackled each other and it was hard to have to watch him every second. I'm sure it was a lot of work for Jude, but what a great memory. It didn't help that Jude didn't think to bring a pillow for his whiplashed neck or a change of clothes or anything to sleep on. He came home pretty sore and tired, but he said it was worth it.




Lane and Shane

Lane doing what he does best


4 comments:

kylee said...

I'm sure Lane will never forget his first Father/son camp out! How fun! And I can't believe how big he is getting! He looks all grown up!

megan said...

so totally cute. mom loves the bags under lane's eyes! my favorite is the wrestling shot. i think the best tho, is the total jude moment. some things, never change.

Jeni said...

Chris and Taylor just went on their first father and sons outing!! So much fun... Tay loved it too!
Kelsi keeps asking when she can go on a daddy daughter date.

Deb and Chad Crowther said...

That is awesome! And it was totally like Jude to forget a pillow & change of clothes...although he probably got lots of snacks...like jalapenio almonds! :) Miss you guys. How are you feeling? When is that baby going to come?? :)