Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ivy's First Piano Recital- June 19th

Ivy started taking piano in January or February from our across the street neighbor, Lisa. She loves it! Lisa says that she is extremely musically talented. Not just piano, but vocally, too. She says that she has picked it up faster than any of her other students. She will ask Ivy to sing the melody of the song and when she does she is exactly on pitch.

She did so well at her recital! She played wonderfully and didn't mess up once. She played Ode to Joy by Beethoven. In her book she learned it with half notes (very slowly) on one hand. At home she would practice it at normal speed and figured out how to play it with her other hand, too. So for the recital she played it with both hands together. She also played a duet with Lisa which was also perfect. You're amazing, Ivy!





In action

Duet with Lisa





They each got a gold medal with a grand piano on it. This was the best part of the whole night for Ivy.

Ivy was so happy and so pleased with herself. When we got home she wore her medal all night and all the next day and she kept saying, "I'm just so proud of myself." It was great.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Awesome Ivy! Kelsi loves playing the piano as well! I want to hear some of her playing. You guys look great... are you ready for number 3? We miss you.

Pryors said...

How fun! I wish i had some musical abilities, poor Kennedy does not stand a chance with me and Trent as her parents. I cant believe how much Ivy looks like Jude. Love the shower pictures, I wanted to see your belly, you look great. Sounds like a perfect shower, I hate baby showers too!!!!!!!!! Miss you, keep me updated on the baby!